Provide testing support for the Mail Order Pharmacy applications (Web Windows and Mainframe) by defining testing strategies and executing system and regression tests.
This person will be responsible for providing testing support for LINKS application by defining testing strategies and executing system and regression tests. This person will be responsible for the following:
* Implement defined QA procedures to plan, design, implement, execute, evaluate and report results of software testing under minimal supervision for projects of all scopes.
* Implement defined QA procedures designed to avoid the creation of defects(e.g., requirements review) under minimal supervision for projects of all scopes.
* Obtain, maintain and document (application) system domain knowledge necessary to perform defined QA procedures efficiently and effectively.
* Working with QA Leads and application developers, to quickly capture the major business functions and technology underpinnings to be able to design and implement tests of system functionality that exercise all critical inter-system integration points.
* Perform non-management QA and testing tasks, throughout the SDLC (i.e., from pre-project initiation through post-project review and monitoring).
* Assist QA Leads building and maintaining the test environment and regressiontest bed.
* Be accountable for projects of high complexity, high risk, and high visibility; handle multiple projects of varied complexity simultaneously; provide feedback on and suggestions for improving QA Procedures to Project Leads and Technical Leads.
- Minimum of 1 year in the software industry successfully utilizing defined software development processes with at least demonstrated experience in applying QA/QC concepts and techniques within one or more application development methodologies in an object oriented environment; Experience implementing IS quality assurance efforts for small to medium projects;
- Hands on experience with HP suite of testing tools (Quality Center, Application Lifecycle Management, executing QTP/UFT automation scripts). Other tools accepted.
- Must have experience analyzing and decomposing requirements.
- Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking defects, reporting status to various levels in the organization.
- Experience testing Mainframe and utilization of SQL preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects or demands with some developmental experience preferred.
- Experience maintaining/developing HP QTP/UFT automation scripts.
- Knowledge of Java, Websphere, CICS, DB2, UDB, MQ Series, Unix/AIX.
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated adaptability to change and respond to challenges in a changing environment, with the ability to work to strict deadlines and perform effectively in a team environment.
- Well organized, reliable and self-motivated in completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of the PBM industry and understanding of the Caremark system applications is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required; two additional years of
experience are required for each year of college not attained.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
Job ID: 710523BR