The Quality Assurance Analyst leads quality initiatives, connects interdisciplinary functional components together to help ensure accurate and predictable execution of Major Capital Projects from the quality perspective, and identifies process improvements involved in executing the Projects. The Quality Assurance Analyst will define resources from each discipline to be included in the quality initiatives and facilitate working sessions between them to ensure alignment with all functional area managers/process owners and to adhere to both customer requirements and regulatory compliance. Candidates shall have experience with quality assurance philosophies and methodologies, experience using quality management systems, data analytics, and project management tools and methods. The desired candidate must work well with others in a collaborative manner and be able to drive, teach and coach the organization in quality and compliance activities.
This is an individual contributor role with the following responsibilities:
- Lead, engage, and assist in the development of Major Capital Project Quality Plans, including but not limited to development of work instructions, standard operating procedures, process flow charts/maps, forms, and associated training material for different functional area processes.
- Help process owners incorporate and document controls into processes to ensure achievement of Project Performance Objectives and Regulatory Compliance.
- Help drive the organization’s implementation of our Quality Management System.
- Perform problem solving/root cause analysis to support business activities and lead Corrective and Preventive Action efforts.
- Facilitate / Lead functional area Risk Management efforts and assist in development of project Risk Registers.
- Support Internal and External Audits.
- Lead Quality Continuous Improvement projects and provide project status updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field. Less than a Bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by extensive Company or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance (15 or more years).
- 7+ years of work experience in Quality or Quality related field
- Experienced in Quality Assurance contributor role, with Quality Management Systems, and working cross-functionally with numerous functional areas.
- Extensive experience in Quality/Process development and improvement with proficiency in process mapping, documenting/updating standard processes, incorporating/documenting process controls, and creation of training material.
- Experience and proficiency in problem solving/root cause analysis, process defect closure, risk management, and Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Quality certification such as CQE, CQA, CQI and/or CMQ/OE or related area.
- Familiarity with Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), American Institute of Architects (AIA) MasterSpec, and architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering or Technical Discipline.
- Lead and/or assist with development of Quality Plans for Major Capital Projects to include the analysis and measurement of current process controls and developing and applying sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Analyze data, policies, and procedures to evaluate and improve the accuracy and predictability of Major Capital Projects. Includes the gathering of benchmark information, analysis of results and recommending process improvements.
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria; and be able to devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Provide key organizations and departments with actionable data that can be used to drive problem solving, process improvement, and prioritization.
- Drive end-to-end process improvement and control based on customer feedback.
- Possess the skills to lead, problem solve, and work well in a team environment.
- Exemplify safe work practices and follow the company’s compliance standards.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills to provide expertise to coworkers, clients, and customers. Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Position is sourced out of Jackson, MI, and is intended to be a hybrid remote/office location.
- There will be times when the successful candidate will be required to be in the office or in the field. Travel should be less than 40%.
- Regular attendance is expected.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Michigan
Nearest Secondary Market: Ann Arbor
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, QA, Quality Assurance, Quality, Engineering, Legal, Technology