Develop and document test requirements, test design, and test plan reviews to match software features to user requirements.Work as part of agile teams to verify programming changes in various applications. Attend daily stand-up meetings and use JIRA to identify issues requiring quality assurance verification.
Consult with developers and stakeholders to develop test plans. Execute tests and communicate findings. Insure that implementation has met quality standards. Test execution would involve manual testing. Automated/programmatic testing would also be performed, depending on skill set of tester. Working on projects involving testing of web applications, verification of changes to custom letters used to communicate with providers and members and testing of stored procedures in Oracle database.
- Develop test cases and scripts according to the specifications of the development team.
- Develop and implement functional test cases and test scripts of the application software, database upgrades, installation modifications, and infrastructure modifications and upgrades.
- Collaborate with business and technology leads to identify and prepare appropriate data for testing
- Assist in establishing and maintaining testing standards, processes, and systems that follow industry standards and common practice, including development of test plan templates and instructions, test environments, test software, test data, etc.
- Eliminate, document, and report defects in the test process as early in the systems development life cycle as possible
- Execute Performance Tests and Stress and Load Tests
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to resolve issues identified during testing and validate product corrections and fixes
- Bachelor's degree in IT, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of software development life-cycle experience.
- Experience with generally accepted QA methodologies and best practices.
- General understanding of programming languages such as Oracle, Unix and JAVA preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of Database or programming experience
- 2+ years of experience creating test plans
- Effective communication to gather information.
- Background in either database work or programming.
- Ability to work independently to formulate test strategy.
- Attention to detail.