The QA Analyst role plays an important part in our product development process. The candidate will be responsible for planning and executing tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, and expectations. The QA Analyst responsibilities include designing and implementing tests (including automated testing), use case scenarios, debugging and defining corrective actions. Also they will review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. The role will require providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, and monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Experience in software testing of web based application and web services (REST)
• Review of functional requirements, user stories, writing test scripts/scenarios to verify stated and implied requirements, execution of test scripts/scenarios and defect tracking and resolution
• Execute in sprint tests or release level testing
• Work closely with business and engineering stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality software is delivered on time in a fast paced environment
• Provide status of efforts and represent needs, progress in daily stand-up and in retrospectives.
• Estimate and scope work for future projects
• proactively troubleshoot to replicate, identify and resolve issues with the team.
• Review logs to help to identify the root cause of the issues identified and coordinate with resources to ensure proper development
• Review requirements, Test Analysis, Test Design and Test Plans
• Demonstrate a high degree of quality and attention to detail for test script / scenario authoring and execution
• Work closely with Product Management and Engineering from the time an issue is logged to the time an issue is resolved
• Thorough understanding of development and testing life cycles (SDLC) practices and tools (both waterfall and Agile methodologies)
• Experience interpreting and analyzing stories or requirements to create effective scenarios
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, ability to keep pace with changing deliverables and timelines
• Flexible, team-player who can work well with both technical and non-technical resources
• Define test cases outside of user-defined requirements and perform testing of applications, focusing on functional and end-to-end testing, validating that system response and output accurately reflect business requirements as outlined in requirements document. Recommend changes to existing testing methodologies.
• Coordinate with business users and development team to plan and execute user acceptance testing.
• Identify and resolve test environment issues.
• Perform defect analysis, identifying trends and recommending process improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
This position requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.