Major areas of accountability:
- Define the test strategy and test approach, design test cases/ scenarios, define test data characteristics giving optimal coverage, ensure the environment availability.
- Hands-on test execution for Functional testing for Web portals, API Services, Databases. Ability to read the application logs. Document the test results and publish QA metrics.
- Have worked in Agile environment and also in the onshore-offshore model to have synergies with offshore members through regular discussions and effectively utilizing the offshore and onshore team.
- Hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG/jUnit.
- Have developed an automation framework and worked on enabling new features in the framework on either of tools like Selenium, HP UFT (Lean FT) or similar software test automation tools.
- Experience in building and executing automated and performance tests for REST based services. API Functional testing preferably via API Rest assured on Serenity BDD framework
- Experience working with Tools like JIRA, HP ALM, Confluence.
- Good experience in Test data management and associated techniques. Preferred experience on CA Test Data Manager or Optim.
- Good experience working on Service Virtualization preferably through Wiremock or CA Dev Test (aka CA Lisa).
- Hands-on experience working with databases Oracle, MySQL & MongoDB
- Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client etc.
- Effectively manage and execute the testing process to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met. Provide consistent and timely test execution status reporting.
- Manage and actively participate in the test defect resolution process; provide defect descriptions, root cause, scope, risks and impact of a problem and facilitating defect reviews.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance principles, testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances.
- Clearly able to articulate the progress on automation, publish the metrics on regular basis and drive attention on the automation activities to the senior leadership. Showcase improvement in the testing effectiveness through automation solutions.
- Capable of proposing the solutions to the tool product owners for them to enhance the existing tool features.
- Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process.
- Analyze and understand industry testing and compliance requirements in addition to specific business partner requests and needs provide innovative automation solutions to the business to improve their productivity.
- Actively involved in understanding the observations from Quality control tools like Sonarqube, Veracode security scan and other mandated code scans.
- Manage financial & forecasts for Quality engineering team.
- Able to understand principles of Performance test and support the Performance testing team with providing pre-requisites like non functional requirements, setup of performance test environments, help in defining performance test strategy and provisioning right test data.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- 3+ years software development experience - with emphasis in quality assurance testing methodologies or business systems analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience using version control systems and automated testing tools and using scripting languages.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts.
- Skilled knowledge in testing concepts, tools and methodologies working in a highly regulated environment/industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Certifications Preferred: CSTA, CSTE, CTM.
- Experience working closely with developers, business systems analysts and business partners to understand test success measures.
- Experience in context-based, exploratory or scenario testing.
- Quality Assurance testing experience within the Financial Services industry (i.e. broker-dealer, advisor distribution, asset management, insurance, etc.).