Under the direction of the appropriate supervisor, ensure quality and system integrity of applications which allows and promotes policies and procedures. Test new features and functionality, proactively identifying issues and correct in a timely fashion. Provide system developers with clear and concise written documentation and problem description when encountered.
• Reasonable and predictable attendance is essential.
• Evaluate and test or modified procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
• Participate in feature development from concept to design to construction, in order to drive quality into software application as well as the culture of the company.
• Plan, design, and author effective test cases.
• Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
• Document test procedures and results to allow for continuous process improvement.
• Detail and monitor required metrics to track the progress and outcomes of the testing process.
• Identify difference between established standards and user applications and suggest any necessary modifications.
• 1-3 years of software development and/or testing experience.
• Must have excellent communications skills (verbal and written), inter-personal savvy and be detailed oriented.
• Must have excellent time management skills, be able to multi-task, and can be looked to as an expert in his/her field.
• Must be an excellent computer user with knowledge of computer programming, have a strong interest in technology and its advancement, and be able to translate technical terms and processes into “layman’s” terms.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applied principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment, along with design techniques, tools, and principles is essential.
• Must be able to work independently, take initiatives with projects, and be self-motivated.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of the equivalent in experience.