Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Property and Casualty IT Services is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Director. This role will manage a group of QA analysts who evaluate, test, and validate software and/or IT services.
- Develops and implements quality assurance problem reporting processes and systems
- Ability to support multiple SDLC practices including waterfall and Agile
- Establish, execute and direct the overall Quality Assurance Strategy across the P&C IT organization
- Responsible for driving strategic best practices, in the area of quality and test within P&C IT., including defined processes, artifacts, tollgates and monitoring adherence across all phases of the SDLC
- Establish operating procedures and process measures to drive the organization to best practice across multiple disciplines including SAFe, Waterfall, Scrum and iterative
- Drive a value add test automation program across key applications and measurements against the automation
- Responsible for effective planning across all key strategic applications of QA resources, milestones and methods, and adherence to timelines
- Establish role clarity within the QA family of resources
- Establish defect management practices across all key applications including the necessary tools.
- Has responsibility for performance, development and coaching of staff (i.e. hiring, firing, performance management, salary increases, etc.).
- Ensures the department has a sufficient number of trained staff to provide necessary levels of service and achieve department
- Establish and manage overall QA budget
- Performs other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8 or more years of related experience
- Exhibits leadership qualities
- proven background in offshore resource utilization
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall