Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Statistical & Data Sciences Practice is currently seeking an Associate for our Bowie, MD office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Measuring and providing guidance on the quality of products, systems, and organizations
- Supporting the implementation of quality assurance procedures
- Providing assessment and implementation support for safety, security and environmental health management systems
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical, Quality, Industrial, Process or Biomedical Engineering or in Statistics
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Process engineering training
- Test Engineering
- Standards (e.g. testing standards, specification standards)
- Quality inspections, quality assurance and quality management technology
- Ability to analyze experimental design
- Knowledge of principles of assessment and reliability
- Knowledge of human performance in organizations is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical concepts related to quality assurance
- Ability to analyze equipment and process performance
- Knowledge of process control strategies and technology
- Knowledge of principles of applied system reliability
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts
- Our contracts with the United States Government for this position require proof of U.S. citizenship and the possession of or ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.