ABB is seeking a Quality and Operational Excellence Specialist for its Lake Mary, Florida location. This role is responsible to assure the effective implementation, maturity assessment and improvement of all processes along the entire value chain to improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability in a safe working environment across the local business. The local business in Lake Mary, FL is the manufacturer of MV Switchgear
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Quality & OpEx strategy execution
- Lead implementation of Quality and Operational Excellence (Q&OpEx) strategies to accelerate the rate of operational improvement across the entire value chain.
• Organizational goals
- Works with local management team to set coherent and aligned Q&OpEx priorities and targets across the entire value chain, monitor progress, analyze Q&OpEx Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and act on deviations from targets.
• Improvement capability
- Deploys the standard quality improvement approach (i.e. L6S) within all areas of the local organization to continuously improve business practices and performance.
- Drives application and development of group-wide best practice frameworks across the entire value chain to embed a culture of excellence in operational performance.
• Management systems
- Ensures the local organization has an effective management system that addresses supplier quality, internal processes and product quality to drive improved customer satisfaction.
• Quality leadership
- Survey and evaluate prospective or current suppliers for their capability to meet quality requirements. Counsel suppliers and customers, recommending changes as appropriate to improve quality and optimize their operations.
- Provide technical guidance reviewing technical aspects of inquiries, proposals and purchase orders related to quality planning and estimates, and special quality requirements.
- Operate independently, representing the quality organization at major meetings or conferences to resolve important issues or to plan work, typically involving innovative approaches and influencing decisions.
- Liaison among various groups, suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities to accomplish quality programs involving such technologies as metrology, statistical methods, fabrication techniques, quality codes and regulations.
- Conducts benchmarking and best practice spreading within the operations to embed a culture of excellence in operational performance.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with, instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements.
- Assists with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction.
• BA or BS and a minimum of 8 years of experience in Quality and/or Operational Excellence.
• BA / BS in Quality Management, Business Management and 12 years of experience in Quality and Operational Excellence.
• Certified Lead ISO 9001:2015 auditor.
• Working experience with Supplier Quality programs.
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
• Management experience.
• Defining product inspection control plans and processes.
• Effective Root Cause Analysis.
• Effective use of gaging and gage R&R.
• Effective use of data to drive effective improvement activities.
• Candidates that do not require immediate or future visa assistance / sponsorship to work in USA.