We are looking for Quality Analyst for our client in ?Columbia, SC
Job Title: Quality Analyst
Job Location: ?Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina.
- It is a multi-year effort to replace the State?s aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
- Implement automated Quality Assurance processes for a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Design and support automated user interface testing application.
- Analyze automated Quality Assurance processes to expose security flaws, reveal defects and identify areas of optimization.
- Follow or recommend best practices, processes, and policies which are established internally and by applying industry best practices.
- Ensure projects adhere software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and implement improvements.
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections of the automated test system and its cohesion to the reporting structure.
- Provides oversight / review of vendor unit / system integrated test plans and test results
- Provide guidance on the preparation and review of test plans
- Preparation, review, visibility, and automation of test reports
- Must be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the Development teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 3years? translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios.
- 3years? building test cases and scenarios into test systems process areas
- Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities.
- Direct hands on experience with formal test design techniques
- Experience with test design tools
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 2+ years?experience with an automated test framework.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite to include JIRA.
- Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data.
- Knowledge of gherkin or similar BDD languages.
- Knowledge of testing in a containerized environment utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
- Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience