Description: This positions manage projects and programs to achieve an effective and reliable infrastructure to meet the goals and objectives of hospital and health plan quality oversight. Accountable for managing all phases of improvement projects including design, prioritization, staffing, development, implementation, analysis, metrics, and reporting. Prepares reports on appropriate oversight areas including patterns, trends, and organizational risk. Coordinates and delivers education, training, and communication programs. Develops program-wide templates for appropriate policies and procedures and ensures implementation for consistent programs and infrastructures across the enterprise. Functions as an expert authority to all entities in regions. At the highest level of the job family, shares in accountability of outcomes and performance for all regions and the enterprise in oversight areas and demonstrate in-depth practice, knowledge, and skills, manage projects and programs, and are accountable for the successful execution of goals that are aligned with the goals of QRM in promoting the KP National Quality Program.
This position needs to be flexible to the changing needs of the department. The governance and engagement team is developing and evolving over the next 6-9 months to meet the changing needs of the Board of Directors' Quality Committee. This position will assist in supporting quality reports for the Board of Directors. Clinical knowledge is needed to review and summarize reports.
- Works on assignments of diverse and complex scope.
- Assists the Director in developing and executing goals that promote the success of overall QRM goals related to analytical deliverables and by evaluating established and emerging care practices.
- Identifies the need for, develops, and leads discrete strategic initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Develops and manages project teams.
- Reassesses and modifies program deliverables.
- Ensures that programs are designed to achieve stated objectives.
- Leads work to identify appropriate evidence-based organizational goals in area of expertise and makes recommendation to Director and/or appropriate committee.
- Leads peer group meetings and programs that interface with targeted areas of expertise.
- Monitors multiple projects and teams to ensure timely delivery of expected work product within approved budget.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with national and regional groups.
- Assists regions in developing priorities, aims and plans, and provides coaching and advice to colleagues on successful implementation strategies.
- Participates on regional or national work groups.
- Ensures customer service orientation both internally and externally.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior-level audiences.
- Develops and delivers presentations, educational materials, and position papers to all levels of leadership and management regarding program wide performance, programs, and project.
- Integrates industry trends and best practices throughout programs, projects, and goals.
- Consider appropriate compute skills necessary to perform job.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Consider clinical expertise needs.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 633469