About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Project Manager III is responsible for all assigned projects with in the QMS portfolio and ensures successful on-time, on-budget delivery of these projects. This includes tracking to completion the scope, timelines, progress, measuring outcomes and ensuring sustainability plans. Collaboration with all internal departments / divisions and vendors to ensure proper alignment to project strategy, budget and objectives is key.
- Oversee all aspects of project scope, schedule, resource, risks and overall management to ensure and drive successful delivery.
- Ensure the software development and project management deliverables and milestones in project plans are achieved within cost, schedule, scope, and quality.
- Assure that the project teams are managing the system development process including systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing, turnover to production, user acceptance criteria.
- Assure that all validation deliverables are completed on time.
- Conduct proper and timely communications, change management, and training per project stakeholders and needs.
- Provide overall capital and operating expense project budget responsibility for multiple projects.
- Manage critical supplier and internal customer relationships.
- Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in project management disciplines, as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas.
- Experience supporting different cross-functional applications projects
- Experience in QMS GxP validations, particularly MasterControl
- Leverage industry best practices to plan, manage, monitor and report on all projects
- Upgrades Quality Management system by conferring with vendors and services;
- Experience working in an IT PMO is a plus
- Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships
- Experience in managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities.
- MS Suite, Visio, expertise with Excel, MS Project
- Experience with Change Control
- Demonstrated skills with portfolio and project management tools such as HP PPM, is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise with various industry PM methodologies including AGILE, SCRUM, Waterfall, PMP Certified
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies across a large, global environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills allowing for quick decision making and direction setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Quality Management Systems
- Experience working in a validated environment.