About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We're intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: QE Solution Principal
At Slalom, our Quality Engineering practice is dedicated to maximizing the value and effectiveness of our Build teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions and our clients. Our team of experienced quality engineering professionals embrace collaborative, agile testing processes and focus on enabling whole-team ownership of quality.
Slalom Build is seeking senior candidates for Quality Engineering (QE) Leader roles within its rapidly growing Software QE Practice. This role includes the delivery of consulting and strategy services to clients that are looking to establish better software engineering and quality engineering practices. It requires leading teams of QE/testing personnel performing both manual and automated testing, working directly with senior clients, while providing thought leadership to define and implement testing and test automation strategies. Additionally, qualified candidates will contribute by developing assets for the practice, participating in business development activities, and by leading Slalom people as a part of their core responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience in the Software QE (or related) field, with 3-5 years serving as a Test Lead, Manager, or Architect. Experience should extend across both manual and automated testing in a variety of Agile delivery models.
• Lead software quality and testing activities on client projects of medium to large size and complexity
• Manage full QE/testing teams through all phases of the project lifecycle
• Engage directly with senior client stakeholders
• Develop overall QE/testing strategy for client projects
• Design test reporting and metrics appropriate to project needs
• Assess solution risk and assist project team in prioritizing test efforts
• Advise and assist project members with distributed QE responsibilities (e.g. unit testing)
• Select and configure appropriate toolsets to effectively manage project testing
• Provide thought leadership and contribute to the development of QE standards and methodology at Slalom
• Contribute to business development opportunities, including writing SOWs and presenting solutions to perspective clients
• Conduct workshops revolving around QE best practices and concepts
• Serve as a People Manager for up to 6 people within the Slalom QE Practice, and provide meaningful mentoring and advising to junior members of the practice
• Interview QE candidates and help Slalom leadership with hiring decisions
• Perform all responsibilities of more junior QA team members, from Architect to Engineer. when required
• 2+ years UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Watir)
• Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
• Diverse experiences in leading test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
• Delivery leadership within Agile methodology projects (e.g. Scrum)
• Proficiency using common test management tools (e.g. TestRail)
• Breadth of experience in various QE-related roles such as:
o Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
o Automation tester or automation framework developer
o Manual functional tester
o Performance test engineer
o Defect manager
o QE tools, reporting, and metrics specialist
o Mobile or web UX tester
o Test environment or test data coordinator/lead
• Additional technical experience across areas such as Unit testing, API testing, DevOps, and custom tool development
• Consulting experience working with senior level clients (directors, C-level)
• Clear emphasis and career focus on QE
• People Management experience
• QE/testing, project management, and Scrum master certifications
• QE/testing practice development