Quality Supervisor will be primarily based on Union III, Iraq. Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support team. Provides technical expertise in support of the Quality program, including specialized inspection and testing techniques, quality training, calibration, statistical methods, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment. Quality Assurance Supervisor will report directly to the Site Manager and indirectly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
The Quality Supervisor will:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Apply knowledge of quality systems and tools to validate and verify contractually required standards for program/contract execution.
- Implement principles of performance evaluation and prediction methods are used to improve product systems safety, reliability, and maintainability
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standard of products/services and the procedures and materials that go into work
- Create inspectionreports stating the conditions of a work area to ensure contract compliance is met and make recommendations for corrective action
- Align quality management function with the performance needs of product lines
- Direct resources, prioritize tasks and provide guidance to less experienced team members
- Rely upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of field to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy
- Perform additional tasks and special projects as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with multicultural work force
- Back ground in Operations and Maintenance functions
- US Citizenship is Required
- Must have an active Secret security clearance, and maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field - Education may be substituted for years of practical experience within the related field of discipline, two years of experience for every year of education
- Five (5) years’ experience in Quality Control and Quality Assurance is required
- Must have the ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports
- Requires experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and sensitivity to other cultures
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently is required
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Department of State or Department of Defense experience is desired
- Prefer two (2) years’ of international experience in challenging locations, preferably working in the Middle East, with a working knowledge of customs and cultural differences
- Certified Quality Management or Certified Manager or Quality accreditation is desired
- Knowledge in the discipline of Live Services Support projects in an international environment is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel are required
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
- Must complete and pass a drug screen and complete a favorable physical examination
- Requires expert professional, oral and written English communication skills, to present, facilitate and disseminate information
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
- Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
- Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law