QC Site Representative / ICC Inspector
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
- Will visit the job sites, typically comprised of 40hours per week at each installation, performing the following minimum tasks:
- Reviewing, observing, and verifying that construction conforms to the design team’s construction documents
- Reviewing, observing, and verifying that construction conforms to all applicable codes and guidelines, including the International Building, Mech, and Electrical codes, ABA/ADA Accessibility Guidelines, DoD UFC requirements, and others as required
- Reviewing material submittals and shop drawings for conformance with the construction documents
- Reviewing and monitoring of contractor’s constructionschedule
- Conducting observations of the work (including preparatory, initial, ongoing, follow-up and completion inspections)
- Writing and verifying completion of punch lists
- Reviewing testing laboratory reports
- Writing field reports
- Reviewing contractor RFI’s
- Reporting potential removal or repair of defective or unsuitable work to the team
- Reviewing and approving contractor pay applications
- Managing project closeout procedures
- Other tasks as so directed by our Client, in accordance with the contract documents.
Minimum Qualifications and Education
- Experience in managing construction projects as an architect, superintendent, project manager, or similar role, specifically during the construction administration phase of a project
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Bachelor’s degree in the construction or design field is desirable.
- Minimum 8years of experience in the construction industry, 3 years in construction administration role
- ICC Certifications required
- HIGHLYexperienced in Microsoft Word and Excel, writing reports and generating spreadsheets
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Experienced in using an internet browser to view the web, as well as upload/download files
- Experienced in taking digital photos and saving them to a computer
- Experience with creating, modifying, and renaming digital files and folders
- Other basic computer skills
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- 90%-100% travel, unless local to that installation
- Construction Job Site Trailers
- On-Site observation, potential climbing of stairs, accessing roofs, mechanical rooms, etc.
- Projects regulated by OSHA