Title : QA Tester with Test Data Management
Location : Owings Mills, MD
Job Type : 12+ Long Term Contract
The QA Programmer/Analyst defines and applies Quality Assurance (QA) methodology to application development including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. This position is knowledgeable in commonly used Quality Assurance (QA) concepts, practices, and procedures within data and programming field and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Apply Quality Assurance (QA) methodology to application development processes.
- Design & implement industrialized test data management tools & capabilities in collaboration with TDM COE
- Requirements analysis and evaluation to ensure fixes/enhancements do not adversely impact existing functionality/reporting.
- Ability to identify gaps in requirements and report appropriately.
- Developing and executing test plans to validate the quality and accuracy of software under development, making sure requirements are being met; revise as needed.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and business analysts.
- Strategizing best methods for delivery of complex requirements
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Manual validation of all application and reporting changes to identify errors and/or inconsistencies with the application, data retrieved/stored.
- Supporting production releases, including late night and weekends, on occasion.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverable, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Executing system load testing plans.
- Executing automated testing at different levels (unit, functional, integration, system, performance and security testing).
- Involved in application additions and modifications that are not in-house development.
- Researching, selecting and implementing automated testing tools for regression testing
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and web-based programming concepts.
- Ability to debug code, database, and website code to the point of identifying where an error is occurring.
- Understanding of and ability to query relational databases to efficiently and effectively execute test plans.
- Understanding of Web Services in order to effectively create and execute test plans.
- Understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse structures and methodologies in order to effectively create and execute test plans.
- Onboard and mentor new team members