- Manual and automated testing of Web based applications.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identify test automation opportunities, then develop and implement automation using Java and Selenium
- Execute and evaluate test cases and report test results.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- Ability to think abstractly – to ensure ability to not conform to the norm.?
Functional/Technical Skills:Experiences in Quality Management Software and Processes
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested.
- Business process understanding.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- 3+ years of softwaretestingexperience.
- 2+ years experience with Java for automation a plus
- 1+ years experience using Selenium a plus
- Exposure to, or interest in test requirements for large enterprise or e-business systems.
- Experience in finance domain is desirable though not a hard requirement.