The QA/Test Lead is a hands-on role that will play an integral part in building a Quality Assurance and Testing Center of Excellence. Provide governance around a comprehensive end to end test approach strategy, robust test plans and monitoring while controlling software quality gates; actively participating in the on-time delivery of high quality new products; and providing analytics for our QA efforts. This is a visible role that will impact the fundamental quality of our software products. The role is responsible for establishing and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. The role will act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing regular quality health checks for resources internally and externally.The QA/Test lead provides guidance to project team members in order to maintain the highest level of quality in our deliverables through continuous testing of functionality/usability and review of visual elements, proofreading, and validation during critical stages of requirements gathering, development and testing.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure the functional and nonfunctional requirements of the business units are met by undertaking a thorough and comprehensive review of set of tests on programming changes that are produced by development and testing staff.
- Review testing effort via test plans and test cases for larger-scale projects
- Oversee the complete testing lifecycle for all applications in scope for deployments including review test plans/scenarios for new functions.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Review test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Document and facilitate communication and troubleshooting of issues, bugs, changes
- Validate and close-out all issues prior to delivery
- Collaborate with other QA staff to accomplish all daily QA tasks on-time with a high level of quality
- Develop process to ensure the highest level of quality assurance possible
- Mentor QA team members and share expertise
- Maintain open communication with internal teams
- Assist with internal project kickoffs and requirements/specs gathering
- Serves as an escalation point for issues involving testing
- Provides daily and weekly status report that includes testing metrics
- Collaborate with Operations Leaders, Transformation Program Directors, and Vendors, to problem solve, and exchange information to maintain effective internal communication.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or experience in a systems development and/or QA role.
- 8+ years Quality Assurance or equivalent work experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident response, analysis and investigation experience
- Prior experience in building a Quality Assurance and Test center of excellence
- Demonstrated QA expertise or technicalexperiencein several of the following areas:
- Hospitality technology (CRM, WHM, ERP, Reservation)
- Automation and performance
- Mainframe systems
- Web Services Architecture (SOA)
- Application Server Technology
- Security Services and Security Access Controls
- Automation Testing - Hands-on on expertise in building frameworks and scripts
- Performance Testing - Hands-on expertise in building scripts in VUGEN and HP LoadRunner /StormRunner
- Excellent Statistical and Data Analysis skills
- Use standard methodology throughout to produce all work products
- Ability to work closely with programming staff to understand their needs and constraints without being fazed by the technology.
- Experience with automation testing tools.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and external vendors.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work constructively while under pressure
- Certification in Software Testing or Test Management Certifications (CSTE, CQA, ISEB, BCS, LEAN Six Sigma or equivalent) preferred
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodology/Scrum
- Rapidly absorbs complex technical and conceptual information, identifying key issues and details and presenting understandable alternatives to both technical and nontechnical individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Defect management and reporting using Excel – reporting on the types of defects, the cause and the severity of the defect
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Has working knowledge of all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, user interface and automated testing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills, including the ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels
- Open-minded and approachable to ensure there is a constructive approach to problem solving. Actively explore solutions to problems – reducing barriers, costs and time
- Strong self-motivation, a dedication to building new processes and the ability and initiative to work effectively with limited guidance
- Project Managing and Planning
- Manages workloads across multiple projects
- Experience working with automated and performance testing tools is a plus.
- 5-8 years of IT Quality Assurance experience in a fast-paced, time-to-market driven environment preferred
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.