We are looking for QA / Test Engineer with PL/SQL for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: QA / Test Engineer with PL/SQL
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor, the SQA Tester Senior primary responsibility will be to lead the Testing scripts development efforts for all application enhancements, releases and change orders, in addition to serving as Software Quality Assurance resource leading multiple efforts.
- The SQA Technical Analyst's primary responsibility will be to prepare test plans, test data, and systems documentation in order to validate changes made to the systems meet the defined requirements
- The SQA Analyst is responsible for creation and maintenance of test specifications, test cases and test scripts in alignment with established Quality Assurance methodology.
- The SQA Analyst is responsible for the proper execution of the test scripts and cases to ensure they support the testing objective Analyst will document and manage defects and associated fixes and create and maintain manual and automated test suites maintain source code versioning and related documentation.
- Experience using SQA tools are required (e g IBM/Rational such as Test manager, Clear Quest) and database querying tools (e g Oracle TOAD and PL/SQL).
- The Analyst should have experience waking in a complex environment particularly in a distributed network of web, application, batch, and database servers.
- The Analyst will also, manage scheduling, processing and monitoring of day to day batch processing in a Unix, Windows, and Mainframe Production/lower environments
- The Analyst will handle pre-defined tasks, complete processing checklists, and respond to ad-hoc requests from business and IT teams for special processing or problem resolution.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Execute Performance testing, Accessibility testing and Vulnerability testing
- Programming knowledge and experience using SQL and database querying tools (e g. TOAD) and PL/SQL
- Resolve tickets, security issues, defects, validating data connection results and conversion data
- Perform testing and troubleshooting for all applications and development phases
- Monitor batch cycle through job scheduler to insure successful completion of batch cycles for all lower/production environments
- Participate and/or coordinate required testing/validation of system enhancements and resolution of issues
- Develop comprehensive test plans, creating/staging test data and conducting thorough validation and analysis
- Perform ad-hoc testing/validation of Information Requests, Change Orders, System Requests, enhancements, et
- Accurately analyze/create requirements, technical documentation and make appropriate recommendations (including updates to existing documentation) and participate in all phases of the
- SDLC, as required by Manager/Supervisor
- 6years minimum business analysis experience with a strong emphasis enterprise applications development
- Ability to adapt to evolving business processes and operations
- Demonstrated experience solving business and technical Issues while supporting colleagues in a coaching and mentoring capacity