- Due to government contract requirements you must be a U.S. Citizen and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- This is a remote opportunity - the employee can work anywhere in the U.S.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Inseego Corp. (Nasdaq: INSG) is an industry pioneer that enables high performance mobile applications for large enterprise verticals, service providers and small-medium businesses around the globe. Our product portfolio consists of Enterprise SaaS solutions and IoT & Mobile solutions, which together form the backbone of compelling, intelligent, reliable and secure IoT services with deep business intelligence. Our solutions are powered by our key innovations in purpose-built SaaS cloud platforms, IoT and mobile technologies including the newly emerging 5G technology.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, talented QA team with great opportunities for growth and making a sizable impact? Our enterprise SaaS platform is rapidly expanding, and we need your expertise to help ensure the future success of our testing strategies and technologies which support large enterprise and government customers.
As the Quality Assurance Architect, you will be the technical lead for the QA team and will coordinate with our QA Manager to strategize and implement our QA technical roadmap. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling an extensive automation framework at the enterprise level. You will be focused on increasing testing efficiencies, developing processes and methodologies, and enhancing test processes to test web applications within AWS cloud environments. You will be involved in mentoring and assisting your colleagues, ensure processes and standards are followed, and help maintain a focus on producing high quality product in an innovative culture.
QA is a full partner in the software development process using agile methodologies. We have a great work environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration, plus an excellent benefits package, and much more. If you are looking for a work environment where you are an equal part of the team, and can make a sizable impact, then this is the place for you. This position will report to the QA Manager.
- Primary responsibilities include performing technology research, developing proof of concepts, initial technology implementation and providing training for implemented technology
- Collaboration with project teams to strategize and align long term solutions for automation including roadmaps, tools, framework & approach
- Analyze and define automation processes to fill the gaps between current processes and industry standard best practices
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring to colleagues regarding the implementation of testing automation processes and best practices as needed
- Develop Automation Dashboards and formulate KPIs to highlight automation
- Collaborate with other software engineers, QA engineers, product owners, and UX designers for continuous improvement of product quality
- Build and maintain test data and environments
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Assists with metrics collection, analysis, and reporting
- Assist QA manager with code-reviews and hiring additional QA talent
- May require attendance at offsite recruiting events
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in QA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Cucumber, and IntelliJ
- Excellent experience in Java or similar object-oriented language
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using GitLab, Maven, Jenkins, Docker
- Knowledge of AWS as a cloud platform
- Excellent SQL knowledge
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipeline integration
- Mobile and cross browser testing automation experience
- Strong experience writing test plans and test cases in Gherkin
- Experience with bug tracking / workflow management tools (preferably JIRA)
- Experience with Agile Development Process and agile “whole team approach” testing
- Ability to translate technical requirements into test cases
- Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures
- Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Ability to influence a team of technical resources, mentor/coach, and train resources on Automation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Must be able to stay focused and maintain quality standards in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience implementing and maintaining automation frameworks from the ground up
- Experience as a full stack development engineer (tier II or higher)
- Experience refactoring, scaling, and providing performance improvements to automation frameworks at the enterprise level
- Vue.js or React knowledge
- Experience automating API testing in a CI/CD environment (Karate experience a plus)
- Developing automated test scripts for mobile device applications
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests and integrating them into an automation framework
- Experience working with dispersed QA teams
- Ability to teach team members coding or other technical skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Experience implementing performance, load, and security testing infrastructure and processes
Inseego North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability or legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected classification under federal, state and local law.