The QA/Test Architect is a hands-on role that will play an integral part in building a Quality Assurance and Testing Center of Excellence. Provide management, governance around a comprehensive end to end test approach strategy, robust test plans and monitoring while controlling software quality gates; actively participating in the on-time delivery of high quality new products; and providing analytics for our QA efforts. This is a visible role that will impact the fundamental quality of our software products. The role is responsible for establishing and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. The role will act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing regular quality health checks for resources internally and externally. The QA/Test manager provides guidance to project team members in order to maintain the highest level of quality in our deliverables through continuous testing of functionality/usability and review of visual elements, proofreading, and validation during critical stages of requirements gathering, development and testing.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure the functional and nonfunctional requirements of the business units are met by undertaking a thorough and comprehensive review of set of test deliverables on programming changes that are produced by development and testing staff.
- Review testing effort via test plans and test cases for larger-scale projects
- Oversee the complete testing lifecycle for all applications in scope for deployments including review of test plans/scenarios for new functions.
- Onboard, Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Review test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Document and facilitate communication and troubleshooting of issues, bugs, changes
- Validate and close-out all issues prior to delivery
- Collaborate with other QA staff to accomplish all daily QA tasks on-time with a high level of quality
- Develop process to ensure the highest level of quality assurance possible
- Mentor QA team members and share expertise
- Maintain open communication with internal teams
- Assist with internal project kickoffs and requirements/specs gathering
- Serves as an escalation point for issues involving testing
- Provides daily and weekly status report that includes testing metrics
- Collaborate with Operations Leaders, Transformation Program Directors, and Vendors, to problem solve, and exchange information to maintain effective internal communication.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or experience in a systems development and/or QA role.
- 3+ years Management or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years Quality Assurance or equivalent work experience in a fast-paced, time-to-market driven environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident response, analysis and investigation experience
- Prior experience in building a Quality Assurance and Test center of excellence
- Experience working with automated and performance testing tools is a plus