This is a Contract to Hire position in Livonia, MI
The QA Test Analyst is a key part of our cross-functional Agile development team, and provides senior-level QA expertise and leadership for the QA team, and for both internal and external partners.
The Senior QA Test Analyst plays a lead role in multiple IT related projects and work assignments, providing quality assurance guidance on testing processes, coverage and strategies while using judgment to accomplish project objectives, assigned work tasks and deliver high quality to our products, systems and processes. They coordinate the day-to-day tasks of other QA team members on projects to ensure all test resources are utilized effectively, and mentor other QA team members on testing activities and processes.
- Facilitate, lead, track and coordinate testing efforts for all types of testing phases, including System, Integration, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing.
- Define scope, execution plans, and coordinate all UAT test activities; working with the Project Manager to schedule tasks and ensure business participation.
- Participates in testing systems for functionality, accuracy and adherence to specifications and business objectives through manual and automated test execution.
- Responsible for the creation of high-level test plans and the completion of necessary QA related documentation as well as the coordination of testing efforts for large-scale projects.
- Independently translates functional business requirements and detailed specifications into well-defined and clear test conditions and test scripts that evaluate functionality and ensures that QA deliverables support customer requirements.
- Prioritize test conditions by working closely with the project team to determine priorities of deliverables.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the test scripts that are housed in the main test repository.
- Routinely create, edit and execute automated test scripts using automated testing tools.
- Analyze and review data, test results and documents for consistency and accuracy.
- Participate in Deployment Planning sessions and ensure all deployment checklist activities are covered.
- Document defects and discrepancies found during test execution into defect tracking system and follow through to ensure that all issues are resolved.
- Able to interpret situations and recognize where change and flexibility is required. Adjust and adapt well to shifting priorities.
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge and expertise on automated testing tools and quality assurance concepts and methodologies.
- Consistently functions as a positive role model, strong mentor, and change agent.
- Assesses, guides, reviews and approves the work of other QA analysts through peer and formal QA reviews.
- Guide and lead a team of QA analysts to complete projects and work assignments that meet stated objectives.
- Ensures that the appropriate level of testing has been identified through a Risk Based Testing approach for all test initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance, counseling and training to other members of the QA staff as well as other departments within the company as deemed necessary.
- Increased awareness of long-term goals and larger framework of concepts. Is able to maintain the perspective between overall picture and tactical details.
- Work closely with QA Manager to provide project status updates and also provide feedback on staff performance.
- Able to build strong working relationships and deal effectively with people in order to get the work accomplished. Adjust own interpersonal approach to fit the interpersonal style/needs of others.
- Identifies, leads, influences and contributes to the implementation and continual improvement of QA standards, processes and procedures.
- Independently and proactively maintains expertise in a broad range of testing methodologies and strategies.
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Work well with cross-functional organizations.
- Strong technical ability
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Approaches problems in a lead role, requiring little or no supervision.
- Ensures that IT QA standards are maintained and followed.
- Be flexible and creative in handling multiple activities and contentions in priorities.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, adapt and learn quickly, and apply use of good judgment in routine, non-routine and day-to-day decisions.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 or more years?experience in system-level QA Testing.
- 2 or more years in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of Web application testing and/or Web service testing
- Familiar with all stages of the SDLC as well as Software Quality Assurance testing including System, Integration, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing.
- Familiar with the concepts of TDD and how it applies to Agile testing
- Ability to write and understand basic SQL queries to perform data verification and set up test data
- Experience with testing tools such as Borland Micro Focus Silk Central, HP Quality Center, Test Director, or similar.
- Experience with Defect Management tools such as Jira or Bugzilla
- Experienced with test automation frameworks i.e. Cucumber, FitNesse, TestNG, or Selenium