The Ceridian QA Center of Excellence (CoE) team is looking for a Portfolio QA Lead, with very strong technical skills, to help manage and deliver QA activities on large-scale projects and/or manage multiple QA efforts within a portfolio. He/she will be working on a QA portfolio dealing with modernization of payroll taxation applications. This role will require working with QA Engineers/Analysts and Development team members, from many different geographical locations and different countries. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast-paced dynamic environment, technical challenges, agility and innovation, and feels passionate about providing concurrent functional/technical support to multiple projects.
- Work closely with Product teams (Development and Business) to help define the testing strategy/plan, review test cases, raise QA risks and concerns, and improve product quality and efficiency.
- Plan and Execute all phases of defined test cycles including system, integration, regression, performance and end-to-end testing efforts on a large-scale project
- Collaborate with Developers, Architects, Test Analysts, Product Managers and key stakeholders throughout the development process to ensure the product has met functional and nonfunctional quality requirements.
- Mentor and Support a team of QA Engineers/Analysts working on different projects within the portfolio.
- Help with building and maintaining robust, reliable and scalable Automation test suites.
- Regarded as a Technical Subject Matter Expert for Selenium, TFS/MTM, Jenkins and experience with tools such as Postman, GitLab, Bamboo, etc.
- Ability to quickly assess and help resolve technical impediments to Automation efforts.
- Advocate and encourage Automation/Performance best practices and consistency.
- Effectively negotiate within the development organization and other departments to ensure Automaton is utilized to maximum effectiveness while not adversely impacting high priority projects.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to break down technical concepts to non-technical users and obtain agreement on technical testing approaches.
- Ensure quality deliverables are on time, within established timelines and according to established specifications.
- Participate in defining QA CoE best practices for Functional/Automation/Performance. Correct poorly structured or inadequate testing procedures and results.
- Follow SDLC standards, and source-code management, version control and release-management procedures.
- Follow the defect life cycle, ensuring business and developers are aligned on priority, severity and root cause analysis.
- BS in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years Quality Engineering background, testing methodologies, test plan, defect reporting processes, automating software using Selenium Web driver and testing data and service layer integrated applications.
- 5+ years of experience with various tools such as TFS, Selenium, Postman, Jenkins, MTM, visual studio.
- 3+ years of experience in leading and mentoring a team of QA engineers/Technical QA Analysts.
- 2+ years of experience with direct Agile (Scrum or Kanban) project work experience.
- Hands on experience on a selenium-based framework, API, performance, load, security, data validation, SQL and an understanding of relational database, object relational mapping, TFS build automation.
- Experienced QA in an agile development environment, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading teams, including effectively working with remotely located employees, contractors and offshore resources
- Interacts with and influences multiple work groups within and outside of business unit.
- Prior HCM/Payroll or Financial domain knowledge is a plus.
- Release and Configuration management knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure environment is a plus.
Ceridian is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise the Recruiter of how we might be able to support your participation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.