The Quality Assurance (QA) Support Analyst works as part of a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company. The QA Support Analyst will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, responding to and troubleshooting questions and issues for both internal and external Angie’s List applications. This position will work in collaboration with Software Development, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Business Teams, Architecture, Enterprise Technology, Dev Operations, and Site Operations.
- Provide best in class customer service to internal customers on escalated application questions and issues.
- Escalate, own, and remain focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and team members.
- Handle and resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Provide direct input to continue building the internal knowledge base by documenting root cause and solution details for support issues.
- Provide frequent updates to issue reporter.
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Identify and report trending issues to management.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Angie’s List products as they change over time in a continuous-delivery environment.
- Create and execute database queries to research issues.
- Use monitoring and tracking tools to research issues.
- Proactively identify unreported software issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years recent, hands-on application support or quality assurance experience.
- Strong technical skills.
- Prefer experience working with search related software.
- Prefer experience in customer service.
- Knowledge of database query languages (MySQL is a plus).
- Knowledge of ITIL processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile software development methodologies is a plus.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Skills in time management.
- Skills in coordinating activities and active listening.
- Ability to be versatile and handle re-prioritizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) to different audiences such as end users, software development teams, and business leaders.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation in working both independently and in team environments.
- Ability to adapt to and learn about changing software products.
- Ability to sit or stand the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
Bachelors or better.
Knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodologies
Database Query Languages
Search Related Software