QA Software Engineer (Madison, WI)
Essential Job Duties
- Creatively and efficiently testing web-based research related software.
- Developing and executing test cases.
- Identifying and documenting defects in the software.
- Managing product quality through issue prioritization, test planning, and cross team communication.
- Collaborating with a cross functional software development life cycle team toensure high quality, timely product releases.
- Work closely with engineers and business analysts to offer suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of our products.
- Active participation in the continual improvement of the company’s Quality Management system
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of software testing experience
- Previous experience in a technology driven, developing company is preferred
- Experience testing web applications, databases, and interfaces
- Experience or familiarity with regulatory requirements of ISO 9001 or ISO 13485, HIPPA, CMS, and/or 21CRF11
- Experience with test automation is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage software testing projects
- Strong attention to detail to identify defects and usability issues
- Aptitude for excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability toexchange ideas and information within all levels of the company
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with SQL and Oracle databases
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process and medical informatics
- None required
Licenses & Certifications