QA Software Automation Test Engineer - VB Scripting
Position Title QA Software Automation Test Engineer - VB Scripting - CT #3709
Location Southern CT (near New Haven)
Enterprise software company, has an immediate opening for a QA Automation Engineer. Company develops commercial browser-based and client/server enterprise level accounting systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing automated test scripts in VB scripting language
- Maintaining and executing automated tests as part of software release cycle
- Designing and documenting test cases based on a given set of specifications and use cases
- Providing input about software functionality gaps to assist with software release planning and delivery
- Performing a complete quality control cycle on each release of the Flexi accounting applications against a given set of requirements
- Maintaining accurate audit trail of defects and resolutions
- Experience writing automation test scripts with HP UFT/ALM or similar automation tool that utilizes VB Scripting language
- Strong experience with test automation
- Working knowledge of software quality control/testing concepts, processes and tools
- Understanding and experience in testing of client/server, three-tier software and browser-based applications
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Quality Assurance or Accounting is required
- Experience in Product testing
- Understanding of accounting concepts and business processes a major plus
- Working knowledge of T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience with defining requirements and analysis of business processes
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Describe a situation in which you developed unattended automation testing scripts.
2. Describe why a local object repository is used versus a global object repository.
3. Describe what occurs after an automation test script fails.
4. Describe the components of a bug or defect.
5. Where did candidate receive QA training?