8 - 10 years
Posted 99 days ago
The Quality Manager position will coordinate and implement quality management standards to maintain excellence in MWHC’s deliverables. The Quality Manager will confirm that all project work is in compliance with MWHC and appropriate client standards and meet all specified requirements.
This position is critical in implementing effective quality management so that the project work is delivered to a high standard of quality that meets the requirements and expectations of the client organizations. This position interacts throughout the organization internally.
• Plan, direct and supervise Quality Control (Assurance) function.
• Manage standards around Quality throughout MWHC.
• Implement company quality control (assurance) program manual in compliance with company requirements.
• As required by quality control program manual, perform activities such as audits, preparation of company standards, notification to management of quality problems, etc.
• Provide administrative and technical direction to all personnel; includes personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, etc.
• Ensure company standards as outlined in quality control (assurance) manual are effectively implemented.
• Ensure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance.
• Report to and work closely with the Project Manager and other members of the Project Manager's office to confirm that all work is being delivered in conformance with MWHC requirements and Clients specifications.
• Manage and continually improve the Design Quality Management System.
• Establish, track and report on trends for key quality metrics including customer satisfaction.
QA/QC Manager - heavy civil
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related field required; an equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working with heavy civil engineering / infrastructure projects including construction, with 5 years of experience working with contractor and self-perform crews and 3 years of experience in a quality management role.
• Significant equivalent experience in a quality management role directly applied to areas in construction.
• Progressive responsibility and ability to demonstrate clear understanding of quality management principles.
• Experience in the development and execution of management systems.
• Experience in auditing the application of management systems.
• Able to balance competing interests.
• Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Certification by leading organizations within the quality management industry is desirable.
• Experience in reviewing projects and providing training to new or existing staff is required.
•Experience with water, wastewater treatment plant and pipeline construction; public works construction, etc.