The QA/QC Analyst will be an important part of the software development lifecycle process at Sprouts. The candidate for this position will have a prior experience with testing and quality assurance within the custom application development context. and with testing data, reports and dashboards. This role will also require strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to guide project teams through the requirements definition process.
- Review requirements and technical design documents to provide accurate estimates for testing needed.
- Perform application and system testing on custom applications, various reports, dashboards, etc. to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Participate in various meetings including stand ups, backlog grooming, requirements gathering sessions/interviews and sprint planning meetings.
- Translate Use Cases and requirements into detailed, comprehensive and well-structured Test Cases and test plans
- Document testing outcomes, failure reasons, etc.
- Ability to create test data when needed
- Create visual representations of systems, either current state or desire end state
- Create source to target mappings for data migration projects.
- Thorough understanding of manual testing, regression testing and the difference between black box and white box testing
- The ability to make recommended fixes to our development team or provide initial research on production support issues is desired
- Keep time tracking up to date
- Perform any other assigned tasks deemed necessary by management.
- SQL knowledge and SQL Server Management Studio and Redgate a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- 3 + years of direct experience within the custom software development environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Knowledgeable in database and software application techniques and trends
- Familiar with Web based reporting tools – SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI.
- Familiar with concepts like object oriented programming, responsive design, mobile technologies, client-side scripting.
- Strong requirements gathering and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to analyze data from various sources.
- Retail environment experience is preferred but not required.
- Familiar with test script creation, common off-the-shelf tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite user, including MS Visio and Project
- Familiarity with Microsoft core technologies
- Adept at change management and release management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Service Now a plus
- Preference given to candidates with proficiency in SQL, C#, JS, and/or PowerShell
- Maintain high levels of integrity and dependability.
- Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Maintain a focus on results, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Works well in a team environment and effectively manage work activities.
- Project a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Be extremely flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrates the ability to function and stay focused in a constant pressure, fast growing and ever-changing organization.
- Ability to competently understand, speak, read and write English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, project steering committees and customers.
- Requires excellent interpersonal communications skills.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey