The Challenge Ahead:
QA Project Managers play a critical role in defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and the overall communication process with internal and external game teams. They provide feedback on scope, project requirement definitions, and deliverables. Essentially, QA Project Managers are the voice of quality for their assigned project.
What a QA Project Manager does at EA:
Most of your time will be dedicated to auditing weekly status reports and project activities and communicating the results to partners and shareholders. You will ensure that task related processes are efficient and effective.
Additionally, you will dedicate a significant portion of your time managing people. You must embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports, and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing effective working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside business partners are critical to success in this role.
The remainder of your time will be spent working on department level initiatives such as space planning, capacity planning, console/resource allocation and operational efficiency initiatives.
The next great EA QA Project Manager also needs:
- Product delivery / experience working on shipped or released entertainment software
- PMP training or certification preferred
- Real-world experience leading of direct reports – preferable groups of 25+
- A proven track record of effective leadership and people management
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Jira, DevTrack or Bugzilla defect tracking and databaseexperience
- The ability to work with remote/off-shore teams spread across multiple time zones