Summary: The QA Programmer/Analyst defines and applies Quality Assurance (QA) methodology to application development including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. This position is knowledgeable in commonly used Quality Assurance (QA) concepts, practices, and procedures within data and programming field and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Apply Quality Assurance (QA) methodology to application development processes.
· Requirements analysis and evaluation to ensure fixes/enhancements do not adversely impact existing functionality/reporting.
· Ability to identify gaps in requirements and report appropriately.
· Developing and executing test plans to validate the quality and accuracy of software under development, making sure requirements are being met; revise as needed.
· Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and business analysts.
· Strategizing best methods for delivery of complex requirements
· Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
· Manual validation of all application and reporting changes to identify errors and/or inconsistencies with the application, data retrieved/stored.
· Supporting production releases, including late night and weekends, on occasion.
· Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
· Executing system load testing plans.
· Executing automated testing at different levels (unit, functional, integration, system, performance and security testing).
· Involved in application additions and modifications that are not in-house development.
· Researching, selecting and implementing automated testing tools for regression testing
· Familiarity with object-oriented programming and web-based programming concepts.
· Ability to debug code, database, and website code to the point of identifying where an error is occurring.
· Understanding of and ability to query relational databases to efficiently and effectively execute test plans.
· Understanding of Web Services in order to effectively create and execute test plans.
· Understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse structures and methodologies in order to effectively create and execute test plans.
Onboard and mentor new team members
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years prior QA experience; experience with SQL, automated testing tools, and defect tracking and reporting tools; experience with SQL Server; experience with manual and automated testing at different levels including unit, functional, system, load, regression, security and performance testing; experience testing web-based software applications; experience with Microsoft .Net environments; proficiency with the following tools: Selenium IDE, SoapUI, JIRA, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, including SSIS and SSRS, ServiceNow, SharePoint
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra while analyzing data and generating reports.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products and database software.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of object-oriented and web-based programming concepts
- Data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand.