The QA Performance Engineer is responsible for utilizing techniques applied during a system’s development life cycle to ensure that non-functional requirements for performance (such as throughput, latency or memory usage) will be met. The right candidate will have the ability to collaborate and work closely with the development and quality assurance teams.
- Utilize the techniques applied during a systems development life cycle to ensure the non-functional requirements for performance (such as throughput, latency, or memory usage) will be met
- Determine how a system performs in terms of responsiveness and stability under a workload
- Investigate, measure, validate or verify other quality attributes of the system, such as scalability, reliability and resource usage
- Provide testing and analysis of complex systems to ensure systems are compliant with requirements and can perform well in production
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements
- Analyze tests results and work with Developers and Engineers to perform bug fixes
- Create and perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective action
- Independently develop test scripts using any of the performance protocols, create test scenarios and execute tests
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science is preferred. In the absence of a degree, additional related experience is required.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of IT experience with expertise in Performance Engineering, Automated Testing, and Functional Testing.
- Experience using HP Load Runner and/or Performance Center
- Strong scripting or programming background required
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and how applications interact with them
- Ability to understand application performance key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group environment to achieve common goals; ability to build and maintain effective collaborative working relationships
- Experience in development/testing of RESTful based services
- Experience in automating performance metrics and analysis
- Exposure to log analysis tools such as Splunk
- Hands on experience with Performance monitoring and Diagnostic tools
- Exposure to AWS
- Development experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, and services.
- Self-directed with a high degree of initiative, ability to perform with minimal oversight, and accountable for all work assigned