Manages programs and activities within the quality assurance functions of an organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers policies and programs ensuring that organizational products and processes meet established quality standards.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and administration of an organizational quality management system and monitors progress against strategic quality-related goals.
- Manages the work of a team of analysts that collect data identifying potential quality failures, evaluate quality of raw materials or components, in-progress goods, processes or operations, and implement and measure the impact of corrective actions.
- Solicits internal and external feedback with the goal of continuously improving processes or products.
Education & Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the field's policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs complex tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees.
- May have some impact on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and 6 or more years of experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Management skills.
- Problem/situation analysis.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Analytical thinking skills.
Typical office environment.