We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to help us shape the future of education. With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company with the industry's most comprehensive student-success solutions. Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable student and institutional success by leveraging innovative technologies and services.
This role focuses on our Blackboard Transact™ platform which helps improve student experience and campus safety, while streamlining business operations and increasing revenue. The Blackboard Transact platform includes capabilities within three integrated modules:
- Commerce Management: facilitates campus ID card issuance, cashless payment processing, account management and reporting on-campus, off-campus, and online.
- Security Management: monitors all campus activity using integrated door access control, video surveillance and mass notification capabilities.
- Financial Services: offers innovative options for payment processing as well as both revenue enhancement or cost savings through extending the capabilities of the one-card solution to further enhance the student experience.
As a member of our QA team, you’ll focus on providing support for test development and execution against Blackboard’s new feature and legacy system releases. As QA Manager, you will be responsible for supporting agile development of mission critical enterprise applications. You’ll play a key role within the application development team and will formalize QA procedures, developing and enforcing processes and implementing testing approaches as suited. You will also be involved in testing regular change request development (based on two-week sprint schedule), as well as larger project-based QA cycles including unit, system, and integration testing. Additionally, you may work with business users to facilitate user acceptance testing.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Implementing a comprehensive QA Testing program and leading by practice a team of QA Analysts/Testers (onshore and offshore)
- Authoring and maintaining an agile test strategy that includes approaches for unit, system, integration, and acceptance testing
- Supporting multiple agile teams consisting of developers, business analysts, and SMEs following a blended Scrum framework
- Designing, developing, and coordinating of test acceptance criteria, test plans, and test scripts as needed
- Collaborating with dev leads to implement an effective testing process including creating a test infrastructure that supports continuous integration and automated testing
- Mentoring and training staff on tools and methodology
- Championing quality initiatives and high-quality culture
- Authoring test cases, test procedures, and test reports when necessary
- Reviewing and enhancing developer-generated unit tests
- Using agile test tools to manage testing tasks and test results
- Working with release manager to ensure system testing validates in production after deployments
- Defining a strategy to implement automated and manual regression testing
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience including lead and/or management roles
- Experience with agile development and scrum teams
- Knowledge and expertise in functional testing, testing lifecycle, testing execution, testing techniques, and test architecture
- Experience in test management and quality management
- Experience in integration testing and end-to-end testing across multiple dependent systems
- Experience using Web Services/REST clients to test interfaces
- SQL/SOQL abilities to query and verify results in the database
- Experience in test data creation and automation
- API test expertise
- Knowledge of tools like Postman, Jmeter, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of PaaS infrastructure
The Team & Office:
Blackboard has an office in the ever-evolving, industrial Deer Valley area in north Phoenix, AZ.
- Endless nearby places to eat lunch or dinner with the team from In-N-Out Burger, P.F. Chang’s, and Chili’s, to OM Indian Bistro, Jo Jo’s Pizza, and Other Q Sports Bar and Grill
- Accessible via Valley Metro Bus and building offers free parking for employees
- A short distance from Deem Hills Recreation Area
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Share Opportunity: Share link: http://careers.blackboard.com/careers/position/qa-manager-phoenix-az-usa