The QA Manager will provide overall strategy, planning, management, and execution of quality assurance for a Product Group within the Engineering Organization. The QA Manager acts as a manager/participant in the Quality Assurance activities for the Product Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage a team including QA Leads and QA Analysts who participate on Feature Teams within a Product Group, to help ensure the success of product delivery.
- Foster team communication and esprit de corps among members of the team.
- Ensure that team members have career development plans and that we are working with each individual to enable their professional growth.
- Participate with Feature Teams in conducting QA activities, including:
- For each release and feature, establish a QA strategy that supports the goals specified by the Product manager, then coach the feature team to execute the strategy.
- Lead risk assessment and test coverage discussions and decisions
- Design journey tests and exploratory test guidelines, to maximize coverage vs. effort
- Architect test framework, and ensure adherence to standards for maintainability, coverage, and extensibility of test automation
- Coach feature team in conducting code review, unit testing, automated api/contract testing, non-functional and functional automated acceptance testing and exploratory testing.
- Participate as a member of the QA Management team to set direction and enable effectiveness of QA at Accusoft.
Directly supervises QA Leads and QA Analysts in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field; 4 years of real industry experience in the field of software development and/or software quality assurance, and experience as a manager in software development and/or software quality assurance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Continuous integration Tools: e.g. Team City, CruiseControl
- Test Management Tools: e.g. Quality Center, Rally, Team Foundation Server
- Cloud Computing: e.g. Azure, Amazon Web Services
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Development: experience developing in an object oriented programming language
- Automated Testing Framework and Tools: e.g. nUnit, QuickTest, Selenium, VS Test Professional
- Source Control Tools: e.g. Subversion, Perforce
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen
- Ability to challenge or question highly technical people to get them to consider alternatives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgement with ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels and groups within the organization