Q2 is seeking an innovative and passionate QA Lead to help build an industry changing fintech platform. Founded in Austin, TX, we are a growing company committed to building stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions. As a team member, you will be on the ground floor of a new product that is growing quickly after a successful proof of concept and beta.
This position is ideal for an experienced QA Lead who has experience in Leading the QA team and can transition from Manual to Automation and is passionate about testing complex products requiring high scalability and reliability. You will provide leadership and bring a strong quality-focused background to the team, working to develop and improve test effectiveness and efficiency.
- Plan, lead, and oversee all testing activities including Test Plan and Joint Test Strategy
- Provides direction and guidance for test targets, test cases and test coverage using testing, technical and product expertise.
- Work with team to define test strategy and approach for automated and manual testing
- Analyze and monitor defect metrics within the release and among releases per product line, identify trends and recommend test effectiveness measures and quality conclusions.
- Constantly evaluate and refine QA processes/methodologies and enforce them within all teams involved
- Create comprehensive test plans alongside development which provide outstanding code coverage and that can be traced to use cases/stories
- Design and build test automation that is resilient and robust
- Create test cases for features/functions; with detailed steps to perform and expected results
- Participate in and contribute test effort estimates in Sprint/Release planning sessions
- Be passionate about driving quality throughout the product lifecycle
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality, and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- 5+ years in quality assurance, test strategy, test planning, test execution
- 2+ years of QA Lead experience
- Strong test plan organization and test execution planning skills in a CI and Agile environment
- Test best practices, automation, test plans, and testing methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge of QA automation processes, methodologies, and frameworks.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming or scripting languages
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as QTest, Selenium
- Excellent technical communication skills, problem solving aptitude, and out-of-the box thinking
- Experience working in small, highly efficient teams with a high degree of collaboration prowess
- Passionate about the work, proactive work ethic, and highly motivated attitude to provide excellence in software quality
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and associated branching strategies
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience with SaaS highly desired
- Experience in Azure and Aws also desired