What's the Gig:
As a QA Supervisor on the Game Labs team you’ll be part of a cross functional team building and maintaining a dozen small Instant Games played in Messenger from Facebook. You will manage a team including a couple internal QA Analysis along with some outsourced QA resources. This team will be responsible for testing games being created by an internal game development team and testing games created by two or three external game development teams. This fast paced group is shipping a new game or two each month and updated existing games occasionally. The Game Labs team is usually working on new platforms with unproven tools and constantly defining new processes and techniques. There is no rule book to follow. You need to ensure we create quality products providing good player experiences and accomplish that without slowing down the pace of development.
- Manage a small team of internal QA Analyst (currently 2)
- Manage outsourced QA resources
- Work with external developers to improve their QA processes
- Be hands on doing the job of a QA Analyst including the following:
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and share knowledge to increase product team's efficiency
- Analyze features sets and identify test opportunities early in design process
- Test case creation from design documentation or feature expertise
- Test case execution, regression, as well as exploratory and ad-hoc testing of newly implemented features
- Provide in-depth scrum team support, working closely with product owners and scrummasters to align daily priorities
- Collaborate daily with members of Production and Development
- Develop working knowledge of individual systems in play within the game experience
- Influence the prioritization of issues in bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Provide qualitative feedback on features during early design stages, with an emphasis on the end user experience, quality, and testability
- Capture and communicate key knowledge through updating existing resources and documentation
- Be the voice of quality for the product
Qualifications for Position:
- Believer in and willingness to participate in the agile process.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Comfortable having direct reports, and managing their career growth.
- Familiar with day-to-day decision making of a team and project management.
- Ability to help your direct reports troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- At least 5 Years of experience doing Quality Assurance for game titles
- Experience working with industry standard issue databases (JIRA, Bugzilla, DevTrack/DevTest, Hansoft, Redbooth, etc.)
- Familiarity with Development Tools & Software (Unity, Xcode, Android Studio, Slack, Confluence, Account Management Systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), etc.)
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) stages
- Experience testing Mobile applications on iOS and Android is a plus
- Experience working with Analytics software (Charles, Wireshark, etc.) is a plus
- Experience working in an embedded testing environment is a plus
- Experience working with Test Case Management (TCM) tools is a plus
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts is a plus
Why you should work for us:
- Amazing culture - we do what we say we are going to do, we're honest, we're nice, we're crazy smart, and we love to have a good time and all of this is true at every level of the organization.
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip every Summer!
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K