CallMiner is currently seeking a hands-on, motivated Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will be a proactive problem-solver who takes pride and ownership in delivering quality products. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of testing software as well as guiding other team members in their testing efforts. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Skills and Specifications:
Be a senior individual contributor within the team
- Set and enforce standards for the team
- Assist with hiring additional Quality Assurance engineers
- Create a culture of testing and high quality software delivery
- Participate in the scrum team with a focus on quality, ensuring stories are properly groomed to have appropriate acceptance criteria
- Helps to identify quality gaps
- Helps to prioritize high-value quality projects
- Willingness to acquire knowledge on new technologies to solve quality problems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, self-directed and solutions-oriented.
- Sound organizational and planning skills with a solid attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes. Assist with improving standardized testing methods and reporting processes.
- Business process understanding. Work closely with internal business units and/or clients to resolve any quality issues.
- Review functional and design specifications.
- Experience with API testing.
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested.
- Backend testing which may include: database – validating stored procs, jobs and triggers, utilizing queueing systems, reviewing logs, or using other tools to confirm the software is working properly.
- Identify test requirements from specifications & map test case requirements
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases. Execute the plan and follow all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other external systems.
- Maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Utilize quality tools & processes to identify any potential quality issues and escalate potential quality issues appropriately.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Experience in Agile software development and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools and products.
Education and Qualifications
- BS or BA degreepreferred.
- 8+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant team lead experience
- 3+ years of large enterprise or e-business systems experience- preferred, not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Quality Control or Quality Assurance, or a related major.