About the opportunity
Flock is looking to add a QA Integration Engineer to our Product Engineering team.
This role will be responsible for implementing and overseeing Product Integration of the Flock Safety Product Line. More than just the prototypical quality assurance, this role will conduct full system integration to achieve cost, quality and throughput requirements. This role ensures things don’t fall through the cracks at the boundaries of hardware, software and platform development.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Establish requirements by collaborating with development & product teams.
- Use Product Requirements to generate test plans
- Determine necessary equipment required to complete the test plans
- Design, Build or outsource custom test hardware.
- Design, Build or outsource automated and scripted test environments.
- Generate and track issues as a result of test plan failures.
- Tear down and rebuild hardware, pcbs and soldered components
- Use FW tools such as JTAG and debugger consoles
- Identify root cause and work with the corresponding development team on corrective action.
- Conduct and maintain overall regression testing.
- Manage issue backlog and provide insight to leadership for priority.
- Manage Outsourced QA Resources
- Support Field Returns process
- Support Deployment Engineering with customer issues.
- Support Deployment Engineering with field deployed testing assets.
- Support Project Engineering when required with change orders and the roll out of new product introductions.
- Support the Development team, Project and QC engineers when required with the review and design of manufacturing assembly instructions, supplier documentation, and inspection Reports
- 5+ years of product/hardware test & development experience.
- Engineering Degree: Electrical, Mechanical, Computer or Industrial Bachelor's Degree. Associates degree with additional experience would also be considered
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Detailed Understanding of how hardware and firmware is developed, strong experience with both
- High level understanding of the development of embedded software
- Proficient with the Atlassian tool suite
- Ability to read schematics and technical drawings
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands the fundamentals of structured problem solving and data collection required to implement corrective action
- Knowledge of applicable industry and standards in design, engineering and manufacturing of Camera and Imaging Devices is a plus.
- Basic software development skills needed to produce and maintain automated test fixtures are a plus.
- Experience working with Android & Android Devices a plus
- Experience working with Cloud based web applications a plus