Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say. “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
We're seeking an experienced QA engineering manager to lead and expand the QA engineering practice within our rapidly growing product division. You'll manage our team of QA engineers, collaborate closely with product management, design, and other engineering leadership, and be responsible for the quality assurance and release management of all product development work. As we expand the team aggressively, you'll utilize your demonstrated experience building and scaling QA teams to show us the path forward to our next stage of growth.
- Lead and manage our team of QA engineers.
- Expand the team by recruiting high-caliber talent. Grow the team through coaching, mentoring, and career management.
- Guide the team in the development of test cases and the execution of all functional QA testing.
- Own all aspects of quality assurance for the team. Ensure that we meet the appropriate quality standard for all work. Responsible for defect leakage and team KPIs.
- Own release coordination and management for new product feature launches, including beta testing.
- Oversee all defect identification, triage, and management. Coordinate defect reporting from customers, our customer success team, and other sources.
- Coordinate closely with design and engineering leadership to facilitate testing needs from designers and engineers across the team.
- Partner with engineering leadership to improve and automate testing processes.
- Plan and manage a QA engineering roadmap, clearly articulating motivations and rationale.
- Responsible for setting goals for the team and ensuring delivery of results.
- Plan, track, and manage QA for multiple in-flight engineering projects. Own timelines and budgets for all QA work.
- Responsible for ensuring proper systems monitoring. Provide QA support and oversight during our trading windows.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting on defect rates for all platforms.
- 4+ years of direct QA leadership and people management experience.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing a QA team within a rapidly growing company, with an established ability to hire and coach people at multiple levels.
- Mastery of software testing methodologies. Excellent understanding of the platform-specific aspects of testing across iOS, Android, and web.
- Previous experience working on a large multi-platform web & mobile product, preferably in the B2C space.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and scaling QA processes with strong results. Excellent ability to organize teams and processes. Experience with test automation.
- Good knowledge of and interest in investing, banking, and the fintech space.
- Structured, organized thinker that is both attentive to detail and mindful of the big picture.
- Adaptable, self-starter, goal-oriented, and growth-minded.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym