The Business Operations Analyst will report to the Director of Business Operations and work cross functionally with finance, sales, marketing, business intelligence, IT and product management. This role will provide reporting and data analysis to many different business teams as well as contribute to the day-to-day execution of the business operations plan as well as improve reporting and analysis processes. This is a key position that will provide support and business intelligence to the many different business organizations and senior level executives. As such, an experienced person with proven attention to detail and accuracy is required for this role.
The Business Operations Analyst is an individual contributor role expected to perform certain functions that may include:
- Experience writing SQL queries against large datasets
- Experience translating business requests into reporting and data requirements
- Complicated Excel functions requiring advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and macros
- Experience using Excel interface to a backend data warehouse preferred
- Develop easily understood, insightful and intuitive business facing reports
- Complex merging of various data sets
- Trusted to manage, analyze and secure confidential and sensitive data
- Detailed analysis of complex data with the ability to find and communicate interesting or anomalous patterns
- Business leader and executive staff interaction
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Salesforce.com ETL processes preferred
- A Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience preferably in a technology business, finance or sales/business operations environment required
- Business Intelligence platform experience with tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or SSRS
- Experience managing, analyzing and reporting on large data sets in Excel and SQL
- Individual must be a team-oriented self-starter with good problem-solving skills and ability to interact positively and successfully with all levels of the company
- Must be an expert at Microsoft Excel with exceptionally strong formula and data analytics skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High energy level – willingness and desire to do what is needed to get the job done
Position primary works in office environment. Sitting for long period of time. Use of computer monitor and keyboard is required.
Minimal travel required.