Job ID 563175BR
In the Disney-ABC Television Group QA team we are responsible for testing and ensuring the highest quality of our TV Everywhere applications and services on a variety of platforms.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be working under the technical direction of the QA Manager and Director of Technology. This person will support the Engineering team during the Software Development Life-cycle of web, mobile, and OTT applications.
Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic and has a desire to learn leading edge technologies and has a passion for demonstrating skill and precision in his/her work. Documents and reports on software performance issues. Communicates with developers, project managers and other development staff regarding software performance issues and testing processes. Develop test automation scripts and executes both manual and automated testing protocols.
- Communicates test results to others (management, QA team, development team, etc.) and provides updates.
- Evaluates testing processes and methods to ensure consistency based upon standards
- Create automated test case scripts in Java/Kotlin and/or Swift.
- Document requirements and functional specifications for moderate to highly complex automated test plans and protocols for large projects.
- Regularly interacts with technical personnel across internal groups and external vendors.
- Perform functional, regression, integration, smoke and acceptance tests.
- Oversees final checks and releases code to production; validates and signs off on complex test plans.
- Executes automated/manual tests to compare results with requirements, to verify test requirements, to identify defects, and to ensure compliance.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively related years of experience in QA engineering.
- “Black box” experience testing web, mobile and OTT applications, “white box” a plus.
- Hands-on experience with API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON.
- Experience in writing and executing test cases.
- Experience testing mobile and OTT devices.
- A self-starter with demonstrated initiative – able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to take direction and work collaboratively.
- Coding experience in Swift and/or Java/Kotlin - Ability to read, understand and create code from scratch.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the continuous integration process.
- Excellent analytical, debugging and technical problem solving skills.
- Experience using Wireshark, Fiddler, and/or Charles Proxy.
- Experience using an automation framework.
- Experience leading a QA team onsite and/or offshore.
- Experience with Git or similar tool (e.g. SVN).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.