About this Role
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You've built and maintained test plans for a website, a web app and/or a mobile app.
- You have worked in a product delivery team and you are familiar with Scrum & Agile methodologies.
- You demonstrate tenacity and willingness onhold the distance to get something done.
- You're diligent and patient, have an eye for detail, and passion for a high-quality finish.
- You have knowledge of web and/or mobile app programming languages. You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- Bonus: you have successfully implemented automated tests or used external tools such as Rainforest QA.
So... what will you do as a QA Engineer / Support at Ava?
- You'll be managing automated & manual testing for the Ava iOS, Android, Web & Desktop Apps.
- You'll review new key feature specifications and update the test plans accordingly.
- You'll implement testing automation with tools such as rainforest QA to improve the quality of the product and reduce the time to market.
- You'll be reporting and maintaining issues that are affecting the production or internal technical environments of the apps.
What's special about this role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry of joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people - and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Join us at an incredible time: We're well-funded and hit product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow, so we can create a more inclusive world.
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have accomplished some things that were thought impossible!
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing, internal tools, process — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
We want to radically improve how we humans communicate with each other. Our first step is to empower 450M deaf and hard-of-hearing people to a fully accessible world.
Every day, millions of people are excluded from conversations because they cannot hear well what others say. Our CEO Thibault grew up in a Deaf family and saw firsthand how the world was not accessible for them. Together with our CTO Skinner — deaf since age 2 — Thibault co-founded Ava to make live captioning of conversations as easy as turning on captions on TV.
Our small but fast-growing team has reinvented AI-based speech recognition technology to be in service of people who need it the most. We dream of a 24/7 accessible world, without any communication barrier.
In this pursuit, we're seeing how much communication skills are critical, yet very far from ideal, to unleash our collective potential. This is for us the last barrier to be lifted.
Our belief is that well-designed technology can help everyone communicate and connect better — much more effectively and authentically — so humanity can achieve the greatest things together.
We want to make the seemingly impossible equation of communication 1 + 1 = 3, work every time. In other words, make 1 & 1 = 3 a reality.
Life at Ava
We're a small team spread between two cities (San Francisco, where our Product & Growth teams are, and Paris — for our AI team). We care about making the world a much more connected place, and we believe it's best done by a highly creative & driven group of humans working in concert to change the current status quo. We value potential as much as experience and empathy as much as authenticity. Our culture is always evolving though, and we believe new people can and should change how we operate and what we value. A few recurring themes:
- Impact first. We care deeply about building AI technologies that make total accessibility possible while being economically sustainable, respectful of privacy, and beneficial to society.
- Mountain movers. Our mission is a lofty one. It takes a lot of time, hard work, and perseverance to achieve any kind of meaningful impact. We're ready to persist with bold ideas to the very end.
- 1 & 1 = 3. No matter where you are from, we know that together we're stronger. We strive to reach authentic and impeccable communication to get where we need to go.
- Beyond our bubble. We make Ava for people outside the Silicon Valley bubble. We go beyond our own opinions and biases to listen to our users with deep empathy.
- Growth-minded. There’s no model for what we’re building, because we’re trying something that’s never been done before. To stay on our toes, we're happy to commit to learning and growing every day, including when it's about giving each other authentic feedback.