The Quality Assurance Engineer II - IoT is responsible for performing quality checks, system tests, integration testing and performance testing for Accruent’s IoT real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Quality Assurance Associates, reviewing product requirements, developing and executing test cases to test Accruent’s web-based enterprise application. In addition, the Quality Assurance Engineer II will be expected to lead the team with creation of automated tests and must have a proven track record of technical leadership and project ownership.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review product requirements, documents, and create test cases to ensure code generated by the engineering team conforms to the specified requirements.
- Perform system test and integration testing on the product.
- Work with the team to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Automate the testing process by using test harnesses and automated testing tools.
- Mentor entry level Quality Assurance Associates on quality assurance and development best practices.
- Assist in defining and implementing quality standards, processes and quality improvement programs.
- Active contributor to the authoring and grooming of user stories.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, and hard work
- Configure and test IoT sensors, gateways, and controllers to ensure compatibility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Inquisitive and resilient personality that embraces difficult challenges without fear of failure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of software quality assurance experience
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large
- Is an expert in at least one of the key QA initiative: Load Testing, Test Automation, Quality Assurance Processes, Security Testing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- A self-starter with the ability to work well within a group or individually
- Working knowledge of database management systems
- Successful completion of projects where programming languages are put to use to solve problems
- Finding the needle in a haystack
- Experience with software development industry best practices
- Experience leveraging Agile development methodologies
- Experience testing scalable enterprise web-based applications
- Ability to formulate and execute test plans and communicate the results to a technical audience
- Ability to understand end user issues and quickly determine steps to reproduce an issue
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and problem solving skills