Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.About this role:
This role will have technical leadership responsibilities for the development and implementation of analytics and statistics to improve the complaints monitoring, product performance and compliance of life saving and sustaining medical devices.
The successful candidate will be a project leader in the improvement of product performance analytics within the Interventional Cardiology (IC) division, while actively working within a network of data professionals across all Boston Scientific divisions to ensure alignment and the best practices are employed. The individual will be a key participant in the establishment and implementation of a Data Analytics Strategy within IC.
This role requires the knowledge to set up a logical workflow to identify the location of data in various databases and then to relate the data into a visualization and modeling-ready dataset.
This role requires the knowledge to identify and retrieve data from various databases and use this data to perform analytics, statistics, and create visualizations. A good understanding of general data architecture will help to learn the BSC schemas and data governance. The knowledge to identify required data entities, the skill to model them for visualization, and the skill to design a forecast model with Business Intelligence (BI) tools are a must. The ability to investigate key problem areas by performing root cause analyses, corroborating quantitative and qualitative findings is a key part of the role.
Boston Scientific uses several advanced Business Intelligence (BI) tools that include Tableau and Microsoft Power BI as a part of analytics modernization. The role will primarily interact with Power BI and associates data warehouses using SQL. However, aptitude and previous experience with either platform is beneficial to acquire relatable technical skills with BSC applications and their connectivity. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel Power Query is a good substitute for Power BI as it is the shared data model engine in both applications.
Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills are required to have clarity of vision for a project and determination to realize useful outcomes through the use of Power BI, Power Platform, MS Excel, data warehouse architecture, institutional metrics requirements, and the needs of data review audiences.
Business understanding and strong communication skills are applicable in leadership and cross-functional reviews at every stage of strategy development and implementation, and in the training of others to use BI tools at every stage of an analytics workflow.
Preferred location would be Maple Grove, MN Your responsibilities will include:
What we're looking for in you:
- Analyze customer complaints, events and other post marketing surveillance data by examining the data for patterns, trends and signals and investigating when necessary.
- Investigating identified trends by starting a formal trend investigation and trend report and working on cross-functional teams.
- Performing root-cause analysis to identify quantitative and qualitative drivers within complaint KPIs and metrics.
- Communicating and influencing management committees and design team insightful areas and focus to improve product performance.
- Focusing on continuous improvement by championing and fostering the execution of projects within the local and Global Post Market organizations.
- Develop advanced prediction models to provide real-time complaints monitoring and predictions.
- Develop, maintain, document, and test internal software repositories to support scalable model development across several datasets, analytics platforms, and model types.
- Interact with a variety of databases and data types, including SQL relational databases, text data and image data.
- Prepare and present technical data and recommendations at technical reviews.
- Train and/or provide work direction on trending technical aspects to technicians, engineers, when required as part of data generation, collection, and algorithm development efforts.
- Provides input for process improvement and helps develops tactical approaches to implement team strategies.
- Serve as a core team lead or extended team member on new development projects.
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrating a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- BS degree with 3+ years of experience in advanced data analytics, reporting and statistical problem solving within a technical field OR MS with 2 years of experience within a technical field.
- 2+ years hands on experience with SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
- Experience and understanding of statistical analysis (experimentation logic and biases, hypothesis testing, probability, regressions).
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking & data analysis capabilities
- Strong communication skills with experience explaining technical concepts to technical and business partners.
- Knowledgeable in Quality System Regulations, Medical Device Regulation, and ISO13485 Quality Standards.
- Ability to travel a few times a year.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple, cross-functional teams.
- MS Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in creating actionable business insight across fragmented datasets.
- Experience in working across multiple product areas and cross functionally with DA, R&D and Manufacturing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor and define analytics based on business needs.
- Experience applying a project management framework to projects.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Database, Scientific, Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Warehouse, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare, Manufacturing