About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer with an unwavering passion for excellence in System Software Quality Engineering and the proven skills and experience to transform that passion into continuous improvement and consistent excellence in release validation. The candidate will work with Developers, Dev QA and other SQA Engineers to help define, implement and improve the system-wide validation and verification of our Media & Content Delivery Network Products. Responsibilities of a Software Quality Engineer include Developing System-level test plans, creating, enhancing and executing manual system tests and automated system tests written in Perl and Python. Diagnosing, debugging and performing root-cause analysis of issues and defects, and working with other SQA Engineers testing existing and new features and functionality to help ensure consistently high release confidence. This individual will be faced with Complex Software automation and verification challenges and opportunities, with a mission to release high quality application/system software that is highly resilient and optimally performing on very large distributed networks.
About the Team
Dynamic Media System Quality Assurance group is responsible for extensive testing across all the Products and Technologies developed by the Media Content Delivery Network Engineering team. This group is knowledgeable about all Media Delivery products, technologies and focuses on real-world, end-to-end testing to ensure all of Akamai's Systems integrate well. In addition, this group works on automated testing infrastructure and systematic test case tracking to increase Efficiency within the Quality Assurance process.
* Perform manual and automated Functional, Performance and End to End Product and System tests for Akamai’s Media & Content Delivery Network Products.
* Contribute to System test methodologies, test plans and highly effective test automation
* Create, deploy and maintain automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios
* Review bug descriptions, functional requirements and design documents, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of software quality, product testing and/or development engineering experience overall
* 2+ years of experience in Server-side SQA and scripts/test automation development engineering experience
* 1+ years of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System
* 1+ years of hands-on networking experience including HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP Networking Protocols
* Education: Master’s Degree or greater in Computer Science
* Python, Perl/Object Oriented Perl, Selenium and/or shell scripting skills is a great plus
* Knowledge of/experience with OpenSSL, IPv6 and IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack is a strong plus
* Experience with Linux internals, large-scale/distributed Systems testing
* Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
* Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible
* Strong Analytical Skills, attention to detail and Excellent Problem Solving/troubleshooting skills
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.