In many cases, you’ll be working collaboratively with our program and product managers, designers, technical brand managers and developers to understand new functional requirements for our restaurant merchant apps, as well as coordinate bug triage meetings for the apps you test.
In addition to testing, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive efficiencies and improvements to our QA process.
This is a manual testing opportunity, but if you are interested in automation and don’t yet have automation “chops”, this could be the role for you as we are expanding our automation effort and will likely have more automation needs in the future.
You Should Have
- You have 2-5 years of relevant QA experience testing native mobile apps and web apps.
- You are comfortable working with bug reporting tools, like Jira, and are able to write clear and thorough bug reports that our product managers, technical brand managers and developers can easily understand and reproduce. You are comfortable using test case management tools to write test cases.
- You have excellent communication skills. You’ll need to work collaboratively with many teams at LevelUp/Grubhub, from technical brand management to product management to engineering. You will leverage your communication skills to write and maintain detailed test cases for our app-based features and functionality. These test cases will be shared with the rest of the QA team and sometimes even our clients. You will positively represent QA and actively engage with other teams in bug triage meetings and functional requirements and design review meetings.
- You love testing and appreciate releasing great software products. Your strong eye for detail complements your obsession for making sure our apps function as expected, look great and meet the needs of the end user and our merchants. You understand the concepts of different types of testing (functional, regression, etc.) and when to apply these methods to your test approach.
- You possess great attention to detail and are able to quickly identify functional and cosmetic bugs in our apps when testing against designs and functional requirements.
- You’re comfortable when things get technical. You don’t need a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field but if you do, it will help! If you have equivalent experience testing apps, then this is all you need to apply! You’ll be asked to use Postman to test API calls and emulators to test our mobile apps. You will be installing iOS and Android builds directly to mobile devices and for use in emulators. You will configure content and settings using an administration tool to test different functionality within the apps. Although this is a manual testing role, you won’t shy away from learning automation in the future.
- You learn quickly. The LevelUp/Grubhub apps have a lot of great functionality, and you’ll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the products in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you test future projects.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment. Although we have a planning process in place, sometimes urgent needs arise and you’ll be willing to adjust your testing priorities to meet the needs of our clients.
- You are a creative thinker and continuous improver. You will identify lapses in our process and help us improve by suggesting and driving improvements to our QA process. You will help us become more effective and efficient as a QA organization.
- You have a get-it-done attitude. You recognize no bounds to the scope of your role and will do anything you can do to help get a product tested and shipped.