In this position, you will work in a fast-paced SAFe Agile environment directly with JAVA web applications and AWS Microservices to ensure quality at all stages of development. You will serve as a “voice of the customer” in evaluating the quality of our software, which entails offering input into the product design and process to improve our overall delivery. Working as an individual contributor you will analyze product development design, articulate expected testing approach, build and maintain test scripts, execute functional and regression tests using both manual and automated test suites, and collaborate with other functional teams on aspects of the feature or sub-system. This hands-on quality assurance role will provide the opportunity to deliver the next generation of lending and account opening products using the latest technologies and automation frameworks. Assist in driving quality and excellence through a detailed approach to automation.
As a Quality Automation Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Being a part of an Agile team, reviewing and contributing to user stories to identify acceptance criteria, while building test scripts (manual and automated) to validate criteria.
- Debugging software products using systematic test design to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Developing, modifying, and executing software test plans, automate scripts and programs for testing.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining automated testing framework.
- Implementing, executing, and debugging automated UI and API level test scripts using various technologies and tools.
- Conducting all phases of software testing including test planning, functional, integration and regression testing.
- Contributing along with fellow QA automation engineers on test automation best practices.
- Collaborating with product owners, and software engineers to understand requirements and business use cases.
- Ensuring that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Setting up and tearing down environments for internal and external testing as needed including the creation of common use case configurations for internal testing and customer integration.
- Ability to set up test environments and test beds.
- Ability to build detailed test plans and test scripts (manual and automated) from business requirements.
- Ability to document and track defects, as well as produce detailed reports
- Assisting in developing best practices and framework for load and performance testing.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's preferred.
- 2+ years of QA and/or development experience.
- Exposure QA Automation experience.
- Exposure programming experience with Java.
- 1+ year of programming or scripting languages. (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Experience testing REST API calls.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Experience using test case management and defect management tool like Confluence, JIRA, ALM, or MTM.
- Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and a passion for problem solving with keen attention to detail.
- Exposure writing automated test scripts. (Cucumber, Serenity and/or Selenium)
- Experience in Selenium and in one or more programming languages. (Java, Python, C#, C++)
- Prior experience with Spring platform including Boot and Cloud.
- Experience with performance, load and/or security testing.
- Experience with microservice based architectures.
- Familiarity with popular DevOps technologies such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, and Jira.
- Experience using Git/SVN.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current regulatory climates and impact on lending and/or deposit process.
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online financial solutions.
- Industry Certifications in Quality Assurance in ISTQB, CST or CSTA
- Industry Certifications in Agile Scrum, SAFe Agile, or Public Cloud.