Job Description Summary
The QA Data Analyst is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Quality Assurance testing, overall system quality and providing second level application technical support.
- Interpreting requirements and design to come up with end to end test plans/scenarios and overall test strategy.
- Converting functional requirements into test cases and correspondingly in executable test scripts.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Sales, Product, Operations, development and other Stakeholders to validate whether we are building the right product.
- Deliver recovery plans, create release documentation, and collaborate with stakeholders on creating timely deliverables.
- Create and maintain functional tests for web applications using Cucumber and Selenium
- Create and maintain REST API integration tests using SOPUI or Postman
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for defect fixes.
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field.
- Advocate appropriate level of product quality.
- Interfaces with clients to ensure thorough end to end testing
- Resolves or escalates second level help desk tickets
- Keep up-to-date of development technology, testing tools and business domain.
- Working understanding of SQL databases and ability to write SQL statements to add/retrieve data (Query Analyzer)
- Customer service oriented, great team player and collaborator, good communicator
- Bachelor's Degree in CIS, MIS, or related field
- 7+ years of experience with QA and/or application development
- Solid understanding of database technologies
- Solid understanding of QA tools including automation and load testing
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in navigating across cross-functional teams
- Effective verbal and written communications are critical