Join our team in building the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise, a suite of products delivering state-of-the-art mapping and analytics capabilities to millions of users worldwide.
Our team builds cutting-edge, highly-scalable, and reliable distributed software for on-premises and cloud environments. Our software is used to make maps, geographic information, and analyses available on any device, anywhere, at any time. Our release engineers are integral to delivering high-quality software, which includes our documentation.
As a QA Engineer, you will work with our cross-functional global team of product engineers and writers. You will be actively involved with designing, building, and delivering existing and next generation ArcGIS Enterprise documentation using software development and quality assurance practices.
If you are passionate about geospatial technology, micro-services architecture, software quality, and project management and can develop a deep understanding of our products and customer needs, this is the place to be!
- Help shape product documentation with active contributions to API, administrative, and user documentation
- Communicate project status regularly to the team
- Perform daily testing, analysis, investigation, and identification of documentation issues
- Review and analyze automated results, report status on quality and stability, and certify and verify each release is ready to ship
- Troubleshoot and triage issues reported by customers
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define requirements for enhancing our documentation experience
- Share workflows in help topics, blog articles, presentations, tutorials, and samples
- 2+ years of industry experience in software testing or software development
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, or other geospatial technology
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, engineering, computer science, math, or related fields
- Proven ability to build and deliver quality software in a team environment
- Fundamental understanding of web services including REST and SOAP
- Experience with developing and implementing test plans and test automation
- Experience working with Linux and Windows OS
- Familiarity with HTTP monitoring and debugging tools (Fiddler)
- Knowledge of Docker containers and orchestration such as Kubernetes