We are in looking for a strong Agile Quality Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will join an existing Agile Development team building and improving on an exciting product portfolio within a dynamic and energetic team.
This position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form good working relationships quickly and also add value by introducing best practice design and techniques learned elsewhere.
The successful candidate will be able to know when to stand their ground, and when to “let things be”. While the whole team is responsible for quality, it is the QAE who will guide those efforts to ensure Quality throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Development of Automation and Testing in a CI/CD environment.
- Work with Engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated Testing.
- Develop Test Plans, Strategies and scheduling of test activity.
- Create and execute Test cases/scripts at any level as required (Unit, Integration, Component Integration, System Integration, Exploratory).
- Maintain organization of Test case suites (BVT/Regression/Targeted Regression).
- Validate and report on test results for software quality improvement.
- Coordinate “Quality at Every Step” – Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations.
- Maintain tests and results in ALM to comply with enterprise requirements.
- Work with Product Owners to prioritize features, maintain documentation and known issues.
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to engineers on testing and Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and processes.
- Reviews progress and makes recommendations for areas of opportunities/improvements for automation & tool usage.
- Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and illuminate risks to the whole team when identified at any stage of planning or development.
- Coordinate with other QAEs in the platform to ensure cross contamination of changes does not have an adverse effect on the platform.
- Coordinate with other QAEs to ensure a consistent messaging across the platform as it relates to Quality.
- 3-5 years of related experience is required.
- Experience working in Agile with a focus on SCRUM. Experience in sAFE is a plus, but not required.
- Experience as a Java EE programmer or QA Engineer.
- Development Frameworks/Libraries: AngularJS(x), ReactJS.
- Strong understanding of how Web Based and Mobile products typically function throughout the application stack (Front End to Back End SOR).
- Testing automation tools/frameworks/patterns such as SoapUI, JMeter, Selenium WebDriver, page object, TestNG. Should be able to troubleshoot what you Test.
- Experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, developing and running functional manual and automated tests. Experience in Performance Testing with JMeter a Plus.
- Exposure to test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Exposure to automated build / continuous integration platforms, especially Maven and Jenkins (Gradle, ANT, Hudson useful)
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and pivot to both Technical and Business need shifts.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Growth mindset – Self Learner.
- Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
- Confident self-starter.
- Previous experience in a financial domain is preferable, although not essential
- ISTQB certification is a plus.